21.8.06

2OTH CENTURY+ ART

VINCENT VAN GOGH

-i experience a period of frightening
clarity in those moments when
nature is so beautiful. i am no
longer sure of myself, and the
paintings appear as in a dream-


PAUL CÉZANNE

the knowledge of
the mean
of expressing
our emotion is no less
essentiaL,
and can onLy be acquireD
by VerY
verY loNG ExpeRieNce


davidhs-do not follow dreAms withouT
ALL your SOuL-.


GUSTAV KLIMT

i am not interested in myself
as the Object of a picture
in this respEct,
i Am more interested in other people,
particularLy in WomaN, and eVEn
moRe in Other aPPearances.
I am convinced, that i as a person, am
not especially intereStiNg.
When you looK at me
You See nothing SpeciaL
I aM a PainTer who paints day after day
froM morNing UntiL NighT.


davidhs -my liFE is poeTRy Like yours,
everything are a poem-.
do not compare
comPLemenT yourselF
anD WiLL do FoR ALL EnergY-


OTTO MUELLER

my art can not be bought
i will not exchange my feeling for
any earthLy treasure
OtheR people might run
themseves ragged for money
fame
and
HonoR
but i am not taking part
in this.
i would rather lie on the
grass under blooming flowers
let the wind caress me, listen to the hustle
and hustle of the people
-this gives me strength and amuse me.
and
dreaM aWay the DaY


EGON SCHIELE

my existence, my decay, transposeD
to endurinG valueS, must Bring,
sooner or lateR, my strenght to otHer
strongly or more strongly developed
beings
like a living revelation of religion...
i am so rich thaT i must
give myselF AwAy

No comments: